Spaceshooterarcadesimulatorcrafingthing that combines short, intensive battles and meticulous ship building. Supports local multiplayer and AI opponents. It may lack graphics, but this is compensated with carefully crafted sounds.
Game is about building ships (or using pre-built ones) and using them to battle against other humans or AI. Physics simulation where everything affects everything should make the gameplay unpredictable and chaotic enough. Ships are built of modules of different types (armors, power sources, cannons, missile launchers etc.). Individual modules are damaged and destroyed during battles, which changes ship balance constantly.
Game is still in its infancy but developing steadily. For now, expect severe balancing issues and weaponry ranging from overpowered to useless ones.
Recommendations: large display, company, controllers.
What Avaruustaistelupeli has:
- More or less functional game flow with individual battles and tournaments.
- Local multiplayer gaming with keyboard+mouse and xbox/playstation-controllers.
- AI that lacks most of the 'I'-part, but offers a reasonable challenge already.
- Tons of bugs to explore and exploit.
- The Jazz.
- Tons of small improvements (settings handling, UI fixes, AI, controls etc.)
- New special modules.
0.4.? (during 2020):
- Possibility to use own ships in tournament fleets.
Long term goals (1.0.0, someday):
- More graphics
- Online multiplayer (implemented in theory but needs polishing, lots of testing etc)
- Co-op team game